Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday Girls' Night Out

Since it was my birthday on Monday we had to go out and celebrate this weekend. You guys all know how much I love and miss the wonderful taste of Cafe Rio so I have been looking forward to this Utah trip for months now. Well, luckily I found that a Costa Vida opened up here in Texas! For those of you that aren't familiar with Costa Vida it is a lot like Cafe Rio, not exact, but it will suffice. So yeah, can't get any better than that on my Birthday Girls' Night out! That's right, do you see this beautiful salad?! Do you see the wonderful look on my face? Oh my goodness and I ate way too much of it yesterday.


After filling our tummies with yummy Costa Vida, we headed out to this gourmet grocery store just around the corner. It has all your gourmet grocery needs and more. I was on the look out for my favorite kind of apple, Honey Crisp Apples. If you haven't ever had this kind of apple, you are seriously missing out. Go out and find one today and tell me how much you love it when you try it! They are so juicy, crisp, and delicious. It's better than candy! I swear! I found my delicious apples there and bought about 4. After the gourmet stuff we headed out to this really cute scrapbooking store and Kaitlyn was in heaven! I wouldn't even know where to begin in a store like that! We picked up some Nestle Toll House yumminess after and headed out to my parents' house to play games. It was like I was back in high school all over again. Bringing my friends over to play games and making sure people were back by their curfew (some people had baby-sitters to take home). It was a really fun night (even though it was just a few of us) so thanks to my girls for making time to celebrate my birthday and making it fun for me.

6 comments:

barb said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! sorry it's late. i can't believe there's a costa vida here. now i must go...
have fun on your trip!

Tristan said...

I actually really like Costa Vida. I love their Mango Salsa!

Stevie said...

Yeah, it was a blast--and so yummy! Thanks, Brittany! (I still haven't tried the apple yet, I'm going to eat it today so I'll let you know what I think!)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoy your trip to UT. I just had Cafe Rio last week and it was fantastic!!

molly said...

Where is this Costa Vida?? Oh, honey crisps are yummy but pink lady apples are my favorite i think :)glad you had fun celebrating your birthday!

Leslie said...

what a blast! I agree, honey crisps are to die for. Glad you had a fun birthday. Good luck with Ethan on the plane trip. We're anxiously awaiting your visit.