



So yesterday I pulled out ALL of my receipts from the month of April to truly see how I'm doing on this coupon thing and if it really makes a difference. Well, to tell you the truth, I got a pit in my stomach when I saw how many receipts that I had. I was already trying to justify in my head why I had spent so much. "It's for food storage"..."I'm getting extra stuff, but saving at the same time"...yada yada yada. How am I going to explain this to Ry? Well, I had a huge relief when the tally was complete. I was $15 under our grocery budget, but had bought formula, diapers, and all personal care items with that grocery budget! And here's the kicker...I have saved $593.64 this month!!!! Holy cow! Basically I've tripled the amount of groceries, baby care, and personal items that we buy with my grocery budget alone! Now that I'm totally stocked we're going to be able to save even more since we don't have to buy pretty much anything and when I do get something it's only when it's a super deal or free. I was totally relieved and didn't have to justify anything at all. This past month has been a lot of fun since we get to try a lot of different and new products for a fraction of the price or for free. I've even been able to make free baby food for Max since apples are free this week at Target! I think I love this way too much!
11 comments:
SWEET.
Wow---I am really impresses! Since I don't like to shop at all....and I hate to drag around my kiddos and Steve works late every single night...I just don't think I could do what your doing at this stage in my life--maybe when my boys are older and in school! HA! But that's AWESOME!
That is so awesome!!! We're out of space here, too, but that's w/o couponing, LOL... I keep wondering if we could find anywhere else to stash stuff, LOL!!!
Geez! Will you please hold a couponing class for us? I don't know how you stay so organized, whilst so freshly post-partum. - Cheryl
I'm impressed, I don't know how you keep up with it.
I took my kids with me to CVS a couple weeks ago to get a couple of their deals. Yeah, probably not the best idea I've ever had. My boys were not on their best behavior. Or even on their non-terrorist behavior, for that matter.
Holy cow! We need to have a couponing party so you can teach me.
that is so impressive
Impressive! I'm still having issues with eating more junk food than normal but I'm getting a little better.
Great job. My stockpile is growing too.
Wow, you have gotten some amazing deals!!! I wish we had stuff like that here in Canada, cause I read your blog and wonder how on earth you're saving so much money! lol We don't have those triple sales and all that, so that must be awesome to be able to have that!! Good job :) I love coupons too, but def. dont save like you're able to! lol
i really need to do this. I am having the same problem. We are stocked to the gills on EVERYTHING and I know i am saving money, I really need to sit down and see HOW MUCH I am saving. Got any advice on how to do that?
Post a Comment