Worst- Colicky Baby
Max was a really colicky baby and Ry was traveling a lot at the beginning of the year. With all the lack of sleep and not knowing what to do about my crying baby, it took its toll on me. This is a picture that Toni did of Max doing his thing, crying. From the moment he was born he cried and cried and he still cries quite a bit even at 15 months.

Thankfully I have a very understanding mom that had already gone through the exact situation with me when I was a baby so she helped get me through. I also have some pretty awesome friends that would take care of me whether it was a phonecall or taking E for me.
Best: Couponing
Things got better around March when I took up the hobby of couponing. Couponing has seriously changed my life! I've tried to calculate about how much I've saved this year and it's about $5000-$6000! I remember this trip to Tom Thumb, my grand total was 4.64!
Worst and Best: Car Accident
Even though I coupon like crazy, we've always lived frugally and have saved, saved, saved. Thankfully we do because back in April Ry had a car accident. People don't tend to think of car accidents as blessing, but I did this time.
We are so blessed that Ryan is okay, that the other people involved were okay, that Ryan doesn't have any ill effects from the accident, that the car ended up totalled, we got more money from our insurance then planned, and that we got our new van because of the accident. I just love my van! I never ever ever thought I would be a mini van mom, but I certainly wouldn't want anything else! Best: Reunions
A great part of this year was my ability to connect and visit so many friends! In April I visited my best friend from college, Ashley and her husband Byron (also a friend from college).

My wonderful husband took care of everything and sent me out to San Diego for the weekend so I could see her. We had so much fun and I miss her so much! Come to Texas, Ash!!! Shortly after my visit to San Diego, I was able to reunite with my California girlies! We all flew/drove to Las Vegas for a fun filled weekend of shopping, eating, and catching up.
Believe it or not reunion #3 happened during the summer when my best friend from high school, Liz came to Dallas and paid us a visit!

And last, but not least we had Elmer Family reunion back in July and that was quite an adventure. We drove with 2 kids the entire way to Utah without stopping to sleep and did the same thing on the way home. Thank goodness we got the van, right?

It was great to see all the family and spend time with everyone. We definately made some memories there.
Best: Weddings
We had 2 weddings in my family this year. Jessica, my cousin, got married while we were out in Utah so we were actually able to attend. This was the wedding that E was "Casanova" and danced with my other cousin, Morgan. Too funny!
And then in August my brother got married here in Texas! It was really fun to have family and friends in town. And my boys are just so darn cute!
Best: Ethan Started School
He loves it! I love that he loves it! I love the extra time I get with Max by himself. Works out for everyone.
Worst: Ethan Ruining the Hard Wood Floors
Still a sore spot with me...don't want to talk about it.
Best: Max turns 1 and Ethan turns 4
One year older and wiser too!
Best: Chuy's Trips with Ryan
This year I've been able to travel with Ryan to 2 of his Texas Chuy's openings in Houston and San Antonio. Who wouldn't love a fun drive with your hubby, an entire day to yourself while he works, followed by great Mexican food?
Well, now that I really look at it...this was actually a really fun year! It did start off pretty rough. January and February last year had to be some of the worst moments for me, but hey, I got through it and I'm much better for it. I'm really looking forward to 2010 and the great moments that I'll have this year. Happy New Year!!!
1 comment:
ok so many connections, i slightly remember ashley and byron but she is good friends with my friend melissa pickett and i'm sure you remember her. she's in my ward now. also your new sister-in-law is the sister of a guy in my freshman ward named royce, at least i'm pretty sure. man so crazy!
Post a Comment