Monday, April 30, 2007

Vacation Day 1: Driving to Pensacola



So now that all my pictures and videos are uploaded I can tell you all about our vacation. It was so much fun! On our first day we drove about 12 hours from big D to Pensacola, Florida. Not even 2 hours into our drive we witnessed a high speed police chase! I'm not even joking. This guy comes flying around our car and the cops were not far behind. It was just like one of those cop shows! About 10 or 15 minutes later we saw about 10 cop cars pulled off the road and the "bad guy's" car did a 180 and ended up in the ditch. By the time we drove past they were sitting on the guy, trying to cuff him. It was so scary! Other than that we it was a pretty uneventful drive. We drove down through Lousiana and then through Mississippi and Alabama. We drove along the Gulf Coast so we could see some of the damage from Hurrican Katrina. Basically we saw all the reconstruction going on and a big park of FEMA trailers. Once we got to our hotel it was really late so I started getting Ethan ready for bed. Well, he decided he wanted to jump on the bed and the minute he got on the bed, he jumped head first into the headboard and got a huge goose egg between his eyes. He screamed for at least 20 minutes and of course it was late and the hotel was crowded so I'm sure the people next door to us weren't thrilled. Oh well. At least we made the long drive with out a major melt down and he did soooo good. I'm so proud of him.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

THAT is a serious trip.
Glad you had a good time!